The Ultimate Guide to 2D Mobile Game Development with Unity Udemy download
What you’ll learn
- Learn to paint your worlds with Unity TileMap
- Master intermediate C# concepts, including the Singleton Design Pattern, Abstract Classes, and Interfaces
- Develop a complete 2D game from scratch using C# and Unity
- Discover 2D animation workflows
- Create modular systems
- How to monetize your mobile game with Unity Ads
- How to publish your mobile game
- Students should have an understanding of fundamental C# concepts, like variables, “if” statements, methods, and script communication.
- Students should come ready to complete hands-on activities in this interactive, project-based course
- Students should be comfortable with the Unity Environment
- Fundamental C# videos are included with this course for those who need a refresher. Completion of The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity is recommended, as this will give you familiarity with the Unity workflow.
Search for Dungeon Escape on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store (Dungeon Escape DL) by Defiant Lobster Games to checkout what you can make!
Do you want to create the next big Android mobile game, but aren’t sure where to start? Are you curious about ad integration with mobile games? If so, look no further! The Ultimate Guide to 2D Mobile Game Development with Unity teaches you how to create profitable and engaging mobile apps. You’ll create a dungeon escape adventure game using 2D animations, while fine-tuning your C# programming skills with intermediate concepts like class inheritance, abstract classes, and interfaces! You’ll utilize the Singleton design manager to create powerful manager classes that help delegate actions in your game. You will learn how to monetize your game by integrating Unity Ads, and you’ll set up a system to reward the player for choosing to watch an ad! Finally, you will learn how to publish your app to the Google Play Store! By the end of this course, you will have experience with the complete mobile and software development life cycle, from game development, to testing, and publishing! You will have a fully finished, downloadable game to show off to your friends and family, or to add to your portfolio if you are pursuing mobile development professionally!
In this course, you will:
- Create a 2D Dungeon Adventure Game
- Explore the new 2D TileMap Features
- Implement Unity Ads
- Synthesize Animation State Behaviors
- Develop 2D Animation Hitboxes
- Publish to the Google Play Store
- And more!
This course explores the 2D features of Unity through creation of a dungeon escape game with Unity ad implementation to generate revenue, and by publishing the game to the Google Play Store. The course begins with an introduction to TileMap, which gives developers the ability to paint different worlds! Students will then begin setting up the player for combat and developing attack systems found within popular hack & slash type games. Students will also develop a shop system that grants players the ability to purchase items. If the player can’t afford an item, they can choose to watch a Unity Ad in exchange for 100 gems! This way, players are rewarded for watching ads, helping make the game profitable. Throughout this course, students will explore intermediate to advanced topics in C#, including class inheritance, polymorphism, abstract classes, and interfaces, which help build modular systems within games and applications. This course has over 50 challenge activities, where students will create their own unique code base and improve problem solving skills.
Why Learn Mobile Game Development with Unity?
The global gaming industry is experiencing unprecedented growth, with the mobile platform now taking the lead. NewZoo estimates that mobile games will generate over $70 billion in revenue, accounting for 51% of gaming revenue across all platforms. Mobile is the fastest growing platform, with over 10 years of double digit growth. Unity Technologies is helping foster this growth, by providing a free and user friendly environment to create elegant games in. According to Unity Technologies, in 2016, 34% of the top 1000 free mobile games were created in Unity – more than any other non-proprietary engine. Compared to other engines, Unity provides easy portability to both iOS and Android, allowing for mass dissemination of a mobile game.
Why Learn From Me
This is the third game development course that has been co-created with Unity Technologies on Udemy. The steps involved with integration of Unity Ads and publishing a game can be tricky. Unity Technologies wants to create a course that breaks down how to monetize mobile games and applications, provide an introduction to more intermediate and advanced C# topics, and use Unity’s new 2D feature, Tilemap. Just like in my previous courses, The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity, and The Ultimate Guide to Cinematography with Unity, there will be interactive challenges throughout the course that test what you’ve learned, all while developing your 2D game!
I’ve been working in Unity since the initial public release of version 2.6, and I’ve authored a book on Unity 3.X. As a self-taught software engineer, I found there weren’t any interactive video tutorials that allow beginners to truly grasp concepts essential to game development. To remedy this and to help others trying to learn, I created my own YouTube video series focused on Unity game development, where I’ve had the privilege of helping thousands of others grow their passion for game development. As I’ve progressed in my career, I’ve had the opportunity to develop games for Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and several indie game companies. I’ve also developed enterprise augmented reality applications for Fortune 500 companies like Coca-Cola, GE, and Thyssenkrupp. Teaching has always been a passion of mine, and I hope you will see that throughout this course.
Upon completion of this Unity course, students will understand Unity ad implementation, Google Play store publishing, and more intermediate to advanced C# principles. Students will leave this course with confidence in their ability to utilize the latest and greatest game development techniques and will be able to create, monetize, and publish their own unique Android mobile games!
Join me on this adventure today! I’ll see you inside the course.
Who this course is for:
- The ideal student for this course is someone who is interested in creating mobile Android games in Unity that implement Unity Ads and who want to publish games to the Google Play Store
- This course is designed for students who are interested in developing games professionally or as a hobby
- Students interested in 2D mobile games
- Students with a fundamental understanding of C# programming and the Unity environment, as this course will dive into more intermediate and advanced programming topics